Monday, December 04, 2006

time travellin'

For those who manage to stay away from TVs, radios, newspaper or hv no internet connections or any media watsoever for the past few months (like me) read this :

Daylight savings
WA, following the eastern states of Australia, has now shifted its time one hour ahead due to daylight savings. This change will be (has been) effective from 2:00am (WA) 3rd Dec 2006 indefinitely.

A few of the public members have been asked to comment on this issue and these are their views:

Have you heard of daylight savings? What do you think about it?

"I don't knoi anything about this. Where can I save them? What is the interest rate?"-anonymous businessman

"F*** off"- anonymous gangster

"Yes, i've heard about it. I think it's a smart way in improve our current economic state"- anonymous economist

"Yes, I heard of it. But I'm totally against it because that would mean that my kid would have to study longer in school and worse still, my curtains would be faded because of the sunlight. My husband would have to work longer hours because he would have to start at 8.00am which is the original 7.00am until 5.00pm (editor: which the original 4.00pm, so no increase). But thank God they pay him by hour."-anonymous housewife

"Really?Oh yeah, i think i heard of it. They shift your time one hour ahead everyday, which means that you have 23 hours in a day. Wait, then that's unfair because you lose one hour everyday. No, is it gain or lose? Yeah it's lose. So everyday you lose (mumble to herself: 24 minus 23...) one hour. So one month you lose 50 hours (editor's note: should be around 30). That means you grow older faster. I don't want that!!"- anonymous blondie

"Ya... I know it. But i dont like it loh...cos u know ahh...is very confusing u know? Haf to change eveliting...like my watch loh, my computer loh, my handfon loh, my PDA loh...very mahuan (troublesome) ahh...aiyo, soli ahh, i m late liao becos of this sunlight saving thing loh... daylight saving ahh...paiseh (loosely translated to 'so embarrassing') ahh...make me one hour behind...so i haf to go now... thang you ahh... my name is XXX (protected)....remember my name ahh... i will buy your newspaper one... "-anonymous tourist

Just like ten years ago when daylight savings was introduced in WA, there were mixed reactions towards this issue. There were some who supported it, some who didn't and most of them had no idea what it is about. Let's hope that the next time when daylight savings is re-introduced, most of them would have a better and brighter idea on what it is about.

No comments: