Wednesday, August 06, 2008

wk 32

Sorry about the lock-up. There were reasons to believe that the safety of my blog was compromised.

Let’s see…actually I have stuff in my mind to write about…but just cant be bothered writing it out…don’t even know where to start…

Ok we were suppose to have this test…but the scope of material examined kept changing until someone complain and it got postponed…then we got to meet the head of the school coz apparently we have a lot of other complains about certain units ranging from ‘just-15-mins lecture’ to ‘late lecturer (who was extremely apologetic when she finally got there)’ to ‘reading a whole 300 pages of book and get tested on it (not knowing head or tails)’ to ‘not getting our marks back three months after the assessment’(which itself has lots of problem like some of the stuff were not even taught and the whole confusion with who the marker was)…the head wasn’t nice…at all…good thing the guild is behind us…muahahaha…school politics (unique to our course only apparently)…and our class rep resigned after all the commotion…
So we had another meeting with our year mentor (someone said he needed a translator to understand...just because his accent was weird…lol) and the paper that we were suppose to take…well we know VERY WELL what will be in the test…courtesy of the lecturer who set the paper…
So..that was pretty much the most interesting stuff that happened recently…

Jus had a prac test this morning…drill with all my might…trying to achieve: that curvature which reflect the outer surface, specific dimensions ranging from 1.5mm to 3mm, and making a ‘drain’ which is supposed to be 0.2 mm (like how do you even measure that)…all was well, I think I fail…

Met up with this guy from CU…had a talk over coffee at Dome (I don’t really like coffee)..talked about stuff…and due to me talking too much (I think I was tyring to make conversation) I have to meet up again next week…dunno ‘sigh’ or ‘yeah’…should be grateful (I was going to type ‘greatful’) … ‘Luke’ it will be

Saw my fren at uni and then saw my mentee at the bus stop…I swear 1st yr seemed ages ago…I was like thinking years back to recall what happen and then I realize it was barely a year ago…
And I missed the main campus…with all the people and ‘happenings’

Had a lecture at 5 til 6.30pm..dont mind coz it was awesome…on orthodontics

So now here I am 11.26pm, a 140 pages prosthodontics book (which I painstakingly scan and printed out) waiting for me to read (test on friday), several other books/magazines waiting for me to read as well…expedition to search for the cheapest durian around tomorrow…my laptop I’m afraid is dying…responding really slowly

Just some random stuff:
-It’s the 7th month in the lunar/Chinese calendar..boo
-this year’s Olympic had been not smooth sailing at all from what I read from newspapers…the ‘birdnest’ is not as safe as we thought…there were a lot of problems ‘passing on’ the oylmpic fire from ‘04 athens’ to ‘08 beijing’. From 1976 to 2004 the fire had only been extinguished (accidentally eg by wind) only 6 times. But after the Beijing official got the fire, it has extinguished more than 20 times at everywhere around the world (rain, wind, people, and even no apparent reason)…the five FuWa was also believed to be a curse (Nanking flood, Sichuan earthquake, Tibetan unrest etc). and the dates all have something to do with the number 8…freaky ey…

On a happier note…summer’s almost here

man i really can write crap...

No comments: