Monday, September 01, 2008

accent

the merdeka celebration took off...something struck me...my accent when I talk to other people I don’t really know/known ABCs…I’ve been wondering why...am I embarrassed with my not-so-english accent? Or am I jus worried that other people cant understand? Maybe I jus want people to accept me and not see me as some FOB? And I realise-I speak malay with malay accent (i.e. not your orang cina accent)…well at least I seem to…so from logical reasoning…I’ve concluded I’m jus trying to speak the language properly…which lead to the next thing…wat’s wrong with our accent (not our manglish)…I mean as long as you can speak proper fluent English(which I’m still struggling at times) it shouldn’t be a problem…like African accent to us is nothing funny nothing weird…but when I talk to angmohs or ABC(like seriously born there raised there ones), I jus become tongue-tied…trying to sound perfect(with all the ‘three’s and ‘tree’s), correct pronunciation…something like speaking mandarin to China-chinese but jus slower processing…so wat I’m trying to conclude here? I don’t know…jus that next yr I’ll be talking to patients and I have no idea how that will turn out…so I’m kinda test-trialing in my work…:p

No comments: