Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Mid autumn/mooncake fest

全世界不庆祝,独我庆祝也罢。I told myself… Ppl say no atmosphere to celebrate it. It’s not the surrounding which matters( in my case all angmohs (who obviously don’t celebrate it)) but yourself. If you make it special, then it will be special. Anyway it was nothing special – no feeling of 中秋节 until some frens sent sms wishes…started to hv the feeling of CNY, the festive mood where everyone celebrates it together. So dat day, I brought 2 mooncakes to uni to share (I bought four from northbridge- cost me $20 if not mistaken),…so caring rite?or mayb jus the festive mood got the better of me.

After uni, went home to start cooking. I planned my dinner like two days before.

Menu of the day: 杂菜,姜片冬菇酒鸡,叉烧+烧肉 (Mixed vege, chicken+mushroom+ginger+wine, pork), just like how my mom would make for festives. Reminds me of home..sobs sobs…food was nice, but I cooked a bit too much, so ate the same thing for two/three meals.

cauliflower, broccoli, snowpea
ginger, garlic, carrot (cut in restaurant style- got flower one), mushroom
chicken meat

yummm...lol
Still a bit sick

No comments: