Sunday, July 29, 2007

Subi market

有时就因为一时的冲动,做了一些事,反而弄巧反拙,遗憾终身。

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I went to Subiaco market. Set my alarm at 8am (as if I would wake up so early…~.~’’’). Continue sleeping until 10am and finally forced myself to wake up.

Took a train. Subiaco actually looked quite nice. Or mayb it’s just the weather.

Since it was my first time there, I jus followed the crowd (yes, it’s a crowd, not jus a few people) and as I thought, my instincts didn’t fail me.

So I walked. It was not really what I thought (sigh… me and my expectations). Instead of the normal ‘pasar’ that we have in Malaysia, it was more of a Jalan India selling everything. Normal everyday things, clothes, giving massages, tarot card reading, food, flower pots etc etc.

Walked one round. And then walked another round taking photos.

And finally started doing what I was suppose to do there- buying my groceries. There’s really a lot of different races there. Now that’s what I call a melting pot. I thought most of the owner of the grocery shops were Chinese, until I started hearing them talk in a foreign language which I think was Vietnamese…so much for racial superiority…

bleached-white mushrooms

spot the samples..


Had my lunch. There’s really a lot of different kind of food. French, Latin, Turkish, Mexican, Lebanese, Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai, Indian, and not forgetting normal Aussie dishes.

there's a funny story behind this photo. I was taking this photo, and the owner said this photo is copyrighted and i have to pay $5 (well obviously he's joking). so, not knowing what to say, i said 'sorry' and acted like Chinese (people from China, not the race) tourists. but sadly, instead of acting improficient in English, i felt as if i was acting mentally-retarded.

I had Indian. (food of course) I didn’t actually felt hungry. I jus felt like eating.

it was raining

nasi bryani, mutton curry, zucchini curry and poppadom, not bad for $7

the shop
he looks like Leo Ku..a bit...

Went back to buy some more things.

fish...

And I went home.

Subi oval on left, train station on right..

p/s: quite proud of this batch of photos. i had to avoid the owners (and passersby) from noticing that i was taking the photos. and considering i didnt use flash, it was relatively clear...

No comments: