Monday, October 13, 2008

wk 41

Sorry about the word heavy post again. Will post some photos soon or talk something else other than my life (but this blog IS about my life)

Last week has been very very very very busy. I was almost at the verge of going to ‘pengsan’ anytime soon.

Monday- Local Analgesic test & Race. I was so preoccupied with preparing for the race I totally didn’t start studying until 8pm the night before. So it was sort of an all-nighter, just that I overslept (was supposed to wake up at 2am but ended up waking up at 6) and feeling so crap after. But thank god the test turned out ok. Then was the race- had to prepare all the clues and maps and everything else needed during lunch so that I can hand it to another person to help me take charge. But who knows, they didn’t carried out everything I’ ve asked them to, station masters weren’t briefed properly and my bike’s lock cannot be opened during the race(I was devastated when I realize I cant cycle the bike for the race- which meant I had to walk all around to make sure every station is going ok-and I was seriously thinking of jus waiting at the finishing line for 1.5 hours and jus talk thru the walkie-talkie). But thank goodness I found another bike. Generally the race went ok, a few hiccups (which will be pointed out during the post mortem).

Tuesday- research test & opening+ seminar. Didn’t start studying until 11pm (seriously too tired). Luckily the morning was off for me so could still study. But the best thing which happen was – they cancelled the test(1.5 hrs before the test) and at that point of time I haven’t even gone thru half the stuff I needed to study. I was jumping for joy(but didn’t get stuck) so I headed off to the opening ceremony. After, headed back home(was going to study for the next test) but by the time I’m done doing all the random stuff it was time to go for the seminar already. Fairly interesting- about this chinese lady growing up in Australia and the racial discrimination at her time, this aboriginal person who wanted Australia to solve the problems with Aborigines before even tyring to become a multicultural country and this muslim AFL player who talked mainly about his life as a footie player (which was quite inspiring). After that, headed off to cell.

Wednesday- Talent nite-I totally slacked off refusing to do any study, recovering from the stress before. But I manage to do a few lectures in the morning before going to lab and straight on to the talent nite. Like last yr I was in charge of the music which was fun. And my fren got into the second round (if he didn’t, he had to do some random acts for a mr. popular prize). The thing ended at 10.30pm.

Thursday- drilling theory test+ s p r i n g f e a s t- that was a real all-nighter- having slept for only 2 hours(2 plus to 4 plus) trying to cram 18 lectures(which I tot was only 13 lectures initially) and only manage to finish it 10 mins before the test. Then went straight for a drilling practical class which we were all in no mood to do. I even fell asleep in the afternoon lecture(which is very interesting and not boring at all). Went home to sleep for an hour before heading back to uni for the night event. And the majority of the night I was helping to sell candy floss(simply couldn’t get it at the first few rounds- took me quite a while to do it properly-fluffy and big). Totally enjoyed the last few performances – a band performance and this guitarist (winner from the night before). Pretty much everyone was singing along with the band and I was happily making my candy floss there. Wonderful feeling. Then pack up/clean up/dismantle time- which took til 12 plus am. But it was fun. And I was forced to inhaled helium and talk…haha.

Friday- football match. Attended lab in the morning, lecture after. Then rush to the main campus to help them with the match set-up. Then rush back for another lab. After the lab, rush back again to the match to watch the semi-finals and finals. And when it ended, that was it. All the hard work for this one week. It was very enjoyable to work with everyone, even got to know a few more people during the week. And had karaoke at night- totally relaxed- but too bad I had sore throat (from drinking more than 4 cups of bubble tea throughout the week and the stress must have lowered my immune system)

Probably the week to remember for this year. Taking up all the challenge and surviving thru it was really an achievement. Really couldn’t have done it without His help.:)

No comments: