Thursday, February 14, 2008

autobiography

My year started off with uncertainty, doubts, fears and of course poor health. Well, ‘Perth year’ anyway. I was certainly reluctant to come back this early, but it was I who chose the date of my air ticket at the first place. And somehow this year I was really homesick. It didn’t help that I was sick 3 days before my departure and both my parents were taking really good care of me and the fact that my family went to Brunei to send me off (well almost everyone).

Things went, well, sort of down. Everything added up. Having to live in a new house, and I must stress an unfurnished one. Having to live with someone I thought I knew well. A small room, smaller than my last one and no bed on the first night (I had to sleep on the sofa-turned-bed). And my old stuff will only start coming tomorrow.

Mornings weren’t pretty at my place. It was really quiet as my housemate had class. There wasn’t anything that I could do even though I could’ve unpacked my luggage. No one was online to chat with, well I don’t feel like chatting anyway. So there’s practically nothing that I could do. It was insanely bored. And I think that’s when I started to hate this house and Perth..lol

Having eaten antibiotics when I was sick also caused my poor appetite since I came to Perth (apparently it kills everything in your gut and which I believe causes indigestion). At times I was really hungry, but I just don’t feel like eating (and cooking). I’ll be really thin by the time uni starts.

And things took another big dip when I lost my handphone. Yes again. Fancy that. Having to lose your handphone twice, nearly losing it once, and not forgetting having to lose my wallet once and twice almost losing it. Well, you know how I was already so disconnected from everyone else, and having this happening jus came crashing down. I wanted to call home (being homesick and all) to let them know, but I’m just too embarrassed to tell them. Having to lose your phone once every year. It’s a curse I tell you.

Well, today’s valentine’s day. I went out with Kai. Got a phone (borrowed) courtesy of him. Had lunch all the way in chilliz at karawara. Went to K-mart and got a fan which I am enjoying now (remind me to have it refunded and ask get a heater by winter, lol). Went all the way to the new IKEA (which was big and awesome.. er I mean terrible, it’s too big and all) and got a new dining table+4 chairs for $99. :) Had dinner but none of us finish anything and had to tapao…feel so bad for dragging him all around…thanks

As for now, with me sitting on the dining chair typing on the desk with the fan blowing at me, the house seemed to be a better place already. And certainly learnt the value of: a mattress, pillow (which I still haven’t gotten back), handphone (seriously can die), health (so cliche), friends and not forgetting God’s love. And like they say, it can only go up from here on (hopefully)..

Happy Valentine’s day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey there...
gosh u lost ur hp?? NO WONDER!!! I smsed u, n u nv reply.

Gosh...Then hw i contact u to go out on sat??? Mm...

Hey cheer up ya..things will be smooth again..

May

Anonymous said...

hopefully it'll get better like real soon...thanks