Saturday, February 16, 2008

Depression

Two days to when uni starts. Went to a training for host day in the morning. Met a few course mates- good to see them all alive. Then, something happened. I was back home, outside the house to get some air when suddenly the door slammed shut. [Pause] Remember how the doors in vickery house locks automatically when u close it, yea mine’s something like dat [play] so I panicked. (slow mo) Cursed a bit (mild ones), really wanted to knock the door down, but thought of having to repair the door and getting in with a broken shoulder. Also thought of breaking the window and getting in (a break-and-entry). Can’t call my housemate coz i) I don’t hv my phone with me ii)he’s probably in class (no watch to see the time) iii) and he’s probably too far to walk back. Then my wonderful mind thought of something wonderful. Going to the agent to get a spare key. Aha! Running (more like jogging) barefooted to the agent’s office and got the key. Thank God I live so close to the office (like a block away). Oh and the reason why I can’t wait for my housemate to come back is because i m getting my stuff back (which reminds me I still hvnt unpack those stuff) from my colleague in like half an hour’s time. Stupid…

Today was ‘interesting’. Manage to escape the house almost five hours. Went to utopia to meet someone, well you know who you are. Sat there and enjoyed the music, air-con, atmosphere and food. Then went K…lol. It was nice to escape for a while….tqqqqqqqqqqq

Came back to the dreaded house….i seriously dunno y I hate it- mayb bad fengshui? Did I ‘fan’ the Tai Sui? Or was it the air in the house. It feels so claustrophobic. Like it’s suffocating as if the air is not moving. Well, it’s just plain depressing. Anyway, later ate food which I tabao-ed (still hvnt finish leh) and called home. So touched. Even my mom now thinks I live in a sh*t house and hving a sh*t week. On the way back, went to Broadway (it’s quite cool- got music on, jus totally no one) and got a newspaper (free one). And read sth interesting. Allow me to translate. 1 in 4 teeangers have depression compared to 1 in 10 people in the olden days. Some of the symptoms are: energyless (tick), lethargic (tick), thoughts of commiting suicide (cross). Studies show that exercise (burn 3 times 350 calories in a week) and exposing urself to sunlight (and UV which can cause cancer) can help depression. Eating fish also helps. So, in my opinion, if u are sad and it’s not about one thing in specific (like u lost ur phone OR u lock urself out) u might b having depression. Cure it- it’s scary. This has been brought to u by me. It’s a good read. I’m going to sleep now. I know this was random.

No comments: