Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dear God,

Trying to finish blogging within 20 mins here

Went to SMA soiree yesterday. SMA stands for Shadrach Meshach Abednego found in one of the chapter in the bible and it’s a Christian group for healthcare students in UWA. I only manage to pronounce ‘soiree’ correctly the afternoon I went to it- it’s sua-ri, like moi. Dressed up semi-formally- like wat we would hv in clinic.
Someone took me and another guy to Subi Church where it’s held. Talked a bit with other ppl before dinner...
Played this random game where everyone exchanges shoes…lol
Then, the dinner (btw it was free for me)- bruschetta, assorted hors d’oeuvres, roast pork+salad and dessert buffet…all of the food they made/cooked themselves one (except for the pavlova which I saw was brought from woolies…lol)…impressive…
A great speech from the president- didn’t realise it would be that hard (or even has any connection to) being a Christian in clinical life in future
And then talked to more ppl- ppl I know and ppl I don’t know- dents, med, pods from different yrs and some even already graduated…Nat, Peter, Jeremy, JY, Danny, Paul, Chris, Fan, HS, Jason, etc…Got gossips from ppl, and reminder and encouragements (which reminds me I should be studying)…
And all the dents took a group photo on stage coz one of them is drumming on stage and cant leave… It was great…better than any social event I’ve been to I dare say…still feel good about it even after a day…definitely going to their other events…:)
And everyone’s like surprised I am a Chirstian…hmmmmmmmmm
(would love to put up photos but cant be bothered now)

TOMORROW night, i will be going to my fren’s cell group- first time…Sunday morning going to a church nearby-first time…no working this week

I jus realise I have been too engrossed in looking for a church or a cell group that I totally forgot the main reason in doing all these…to get closer to God..

I’ve learnt not to have high expectations in anything…

God bless…

No comments: